I also used terminology that only people of a certain generation or age will recognise and understand. An example of this would be:
"I could still be that little yat you see hanging on highstreets at lunchtimes"
Although this is a risky decision to have made as not every member of the public will know exactly what 'Megan' is trying to describe, I feel that it added a sense of reality to the article and am therefore glad that I made this decision.
During my market research it was clear that most music magazines (or magazines in general) that feature just one person or artist on the front cover frame them so that they are central to the shot. This means that they are clearly the focus of the magazine and main article.
The layout and colour scheme was also selected carefully to ensure that it would attract my target audience of young females aged approximately between 16 and 25. I decided upon using silver for the masthead as it is attention grabbing and pleasing to the eye. I also used gold for the coverlines as this colour is appealing to any female and also compliments any background colours used.
The gold typeface band list that appears on the front cover is another way of trying to attract the reader. I used bands that are known amongst the target audience and that appear to have exciting names. This will appeal to a broader audience as if an onlooker notices a band or artist that they enjoy on the band list then they are more likely to purchase the magazine (even if they don't necessarily enjoy the main artist featured).
No comments:
Post a Comment